Here’s your daily update with everything you need to know on the novel coronavirus situation in B.C. for June 18, 2021.
We’ll provide summaries of what’s going on in B.C. right here so you can get the latest news at a glance. This page will be updated regularly throughout the day, with developments added as they happen.
B.C.’S COVID-19 CASE NUMBERS
• New cases since June 18: 109
• Total deaths: 1,740 (1 new death)
• Hospitalized cases: 128
• Intensive care: 48
• Total vaccinations: 4,296,151 doses administered; 823,371 second doses
• Recovered from acute infection: 143,748
• Long-term care and assisted-living homes, and acute care facilities currently affected: 3
B.C. GUIDES AND LINKS
Horgan shared a photo of himself to social media on Friday afternoon holding a completed vaccination card.
In the post on Twitter, he says the best vaccine is the first vaccine offered.
It comes a day after provincial health officer Dr. Bonnie Henry said there is no wrong choice for a second COVID-19 vaccine dose despite recommendations from a federal panel that people who received AstraZeneca first should choose Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna for a second sho