North Korea warns US of very grave situation over Biden speech

North Korea warns US of very grave situation over Biden speech

On Sunday, North Korea warned that the United States would face a “very serious situation” and accused President Joe Biden of making a “big mistake” in his recent speech, calling North Korea a security threat.

In his first speech to Congress last week, Biden described North Korea and Iran’s nuclear program as a serious threat to American and global security and said he would work with allies to solve these problems through diplomacy and strict disarmament.

Kwan Jung-gun, a senior official at the North Korean Foreign Ministry, said in a statement that his comments were a clear reflection of the US policy of pursuing a hostile policy toward the DPR for more than half a century. DPRK is the official name of the Democratic People’s Republic of North Korea for

It is true that the chief executive of the United States has made a great mistake in light of the current landscape. As the new policy of the US DPRK becomes clearer, we will be forced to press for appropriate action, and the United States will eventually find itself in a very desperate situation.

Kwon has not yet specified what action North Korea will take, and his comments could be seen as an attempt to pressure the Biden administration over North Korean policymaking.

Biden’s national security adviser, Jack Sullivan, said Sunday that US policy was not hostile, but aimed at solving it and “achieving in the end the total rejection of the Korean peninsula.”

And we are ready to engage in diplomacy with this ultimate goal, but let’s work on effective steps toward that goal that can help us move toward that goal, Sullivan told ABC this week.

The White House said on Friday that administration officials had completed a review of US policy toward North Korea and said Biden planned to monitor the views of his two most recent predecessors as North Korea sought to shut down its program. nuclear. Press secretary Jane Sasaki did not elaborate on the review’s investigation, but suggested that the administration would find a middle ground between Donald Trump’s great bargaining chip and Barack Obama’s method of strategic patience.

Cowan’s statement did not mention Sasaki’s comments.

After several high-profile nuclear and missile tests in 2011-17-1, North Korean leader Kim Jong Un began a diplomacy at the summit with Trump about the future of his growing nuclear arsenal. However, diplomacy has stalled for nearly two years due to differences over the extent to which North Korea can release sanctions in exchange for less limited measures.

In January, Kim threatened to expand his nuclear arsenal and build more high-tech weapons aimed at the United States mainland, saying the fate of bilateral ties would depend on whether he abandoned his hostile policy. In March, he conducted short-range ballistic missile tests for the first time in a year, although he has yet to make a major weapons drop.

If Pyongyang agrees to the action-level talks, the start of the talks is the development of North Korea’s nuclear and test capabilities and distribution system, said Leif-Eric Izli, a professor at Eva University in Seoul On the other hand, if Kim refrains from diplomacy and favors provocative tests, Washington is likely to work with its allies to enforce sanctions and expand military exercises.

Also on Sunday, an anonymous spokesman for the North Korean Foreign Ministry reacted strongly and separately to a recent statement by the State Department that said it would pressure the Kim government to promote accountability for its dire human rights situation. . He described the declaration as a preparation for an all-out showdown with us.

Kim’s powerful sister, Kim Yoo-jung, strongly condemned South Korea’s anti-Pyongyang leaflets when a group of North Korean groups crossed the border in the south. The group’s leader, Park Sang-hak, said on Friday that he sent out 500,000 leaflets per balloon last week, denying a controversial new South Korean law criminalizing the move.

Kim Yoo-jung said in a statement: “We view the human waste-driven strategies in the south as a deadly provocation against our state and will discuss the steps associated with it.”

She accused the South Korean government of misleading him with brochures. Seoul’s Unification Ministry responded later Sunday that it opposes any legislation that could create tensions on the Korean peninsula and would seek better rela

More Info:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

%d bloggers like this: