US judge has temporarily removed Chinese smartphone giant Shaomi from the Trump-era blacklist and banned U.S. investment in the Chinese Communist Party’s military organization.
The decision was announced in Washington on Friday by Judge Rudolf Conteras of the US District Court. The judge said the Pentagon and the Treasury were not binding on the proceedings for the benefit of national security and “issued a preliminary order to remove Xiaomi from the blacklist.
Xiaomi was banned from adopting a series of new anti-Chinese measures during President Donald Trump’s inauguration. The Pentagon has classified smartphone makers and many Chinese-based companies as military organizations of the Chinese Communist Party and has blocked them from accepting US investment.
Authorities challenged the ban in a U.S. court in January, saying the Trump administration’s move was “wrong” and “completely robbed the company of legal action.”
Xiaomi believes the decision to designate it as a military organization of the Chinese Communist Party is arbitrary and attractive, and the judge agrees, a Xiaomi spokesman told Chinese media in a statement on Saturday.
The Shaomi court will declare the move invalid and will continue to request that the name be permanently removed.
The court’s ruling happened on an equivalent day that US regulators took a replacement hostile position against many Chinese companies, including telecommunications giants Huawei and ZTE. The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) states that businesses pose unacceptable risks to US national security or the security and security of individuals in the United States.
The implications of the resignation are not immediately clear, but the move poses another impediment to the prospect of a possible bilateral relationship between China and the United States, led by President Joe Biden. Earlier this week, Washington imposed new restrictions on Huawei, preventing US companies from supplying Chinese products for use on 5G devices.
The decision has already sparked an angry reaction from China, in line with the harsh policies of the former US administration, which has fought a fierce trade war with Beijing for months.
The event has repeatedly proved that the United States is an incredible and incredible country. This practice not only undermines the legitimate rights and interests of Chinese companies, but also the interests of US companies, “Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Zhao Lijian said at a press conference on Friday.